Rental Application Requirements and Criteria
We use a point system to qualify applications and uses the criteria listed below for calculations. Additional deposits, if applicable, will be assessed according to the highest risk score of the party for applications run through the Onsite Manager Office.
Additional deposits, if applicable, will be assessed according to each individual’s score.
RWC Property Services will not accept a comprehensive reusable tenant screening report, obtained by applicant.
Rental Application and Application Fee
Each applicant of legal age must submit a rental application. There is a non-refundable application fee of $35.00 per applicant.
Photo I.D. and Social Security Card
A valid government issued photo I.D. and Social Security Card is required to verify applicant’s identity.
- FICO score: Under 500=6 points (auto denial for Corporate Office run application), 500-649=3.5 points, 650+=0 points, No score=3.5 points.
- If No Score, or more information is needed, full approval may be required in order to accept your Deposit To Hold.
- We will check for rental or mortgage history of three years or two landlords (your name must have been on the lease or loan agreement from a non-relative). We reserve the right to consider references that may exceed that timeframe. Any instance where a reference of at least 12 months (can be a combination of multiple references) cannot be obtained, a deposit equal to one month’s rent will be required, in addition to normal security deposits.
- Negative current or past reference items will incur 1 (one) point each.
- All applicants may combine their income to meet the requirement of grossing 3 times the rent.
- Please provide a recent paycheck stub (more than 1 must be provided, upon request)
- Any other income (i.e. retirement income, child or spousal support, self-employment, disability or Social Security) that you are using to qualify will require 90 days’ worth of bank statements, showing monthly deposits that meet the 3 times the rent requirement.
- Alternatively, you may show 90 days’ worth of bank statements, showing a balance equal to 3 times the rent, times the term of the lease.
- If an applicant does not meet 3 times the rent, a family member or guardian may be a co-signer, as long as they prove 5 times the rent and have 0 points. The co-signer must pass the complete background check (criminal, credit, rental, etc.).
- A current, non-discharged Bankruptcy action, Falsified information, Eviction less than 5 years (and not included in bankruptcy), Housing related debt or Rental reference that would not re-rent for documented reasons.
- An applicant will be denied if they have been convicted, pled guilty or no contest to a felony crime in the last 7 years.
- Any misdemeanor in the last three years will be a disqualification. A misdemeanor over three years ago is not looked at and will not cause your application to be denied. (Exception: criminal vehicle or licensing records are not counted; i.e. DUI, fishing w/o license, etc.)
While your score may be sufficient to be approved, you may also be required to pay additional security deposits, depending on your actual score. If your application exceeds the number of allowable points, we are sorry, but we will be unable to offer you residency at this time.
- Most of our property owners do not accept housing assistance voucher (Section 8). If you have any questions, please check with us before you apply.
- If you are an international transferee with limited or no US credit history, or if you are an international student, additional deposit is required to rent our property.
For health and safety reasons, we have the following occupancy standards, we will not allow more people than maximum number of occupants living in the house or apartment.
- Maximum number of occupants allowed for a one-bedroom apartment is 3 people.
- Maximum number of occupants allowed for a two-bedroom apartment is 5 people.
- Maximum number of occupants allowed for a three-bedroom apartment is 7 people.
Roommates: If one roommate qualifies, and one does not (too many points), the primary roommate (who completely qualifies) may lease the property with the non-qualifying roommate listed as a conditional roommate, and subject to a security deposit equal to one month’s rent, in addition to normal security deposits, with the stipulation that if the qualified roommate moved, the secondary roommate would have to re-qualify on their own, find another qualified roommate, or vacate the property. This does not apply to a roommate that has any of the Immediate Disqualifications.
Pets: If a property or apartment community accepts pets, the following may apply: **A pet reference is required to have a pet on the property.
- An additional pet security deposit, pet non-refundable fee plus pet rent will be due.
- Houses, condos & plexes typically will allow two pets of up to 20 lbs, full grown.
- Apartment communities typically will allow two pets with varying weight criteria.
- No property will allow any dogs of a perceived vicious breed (or mixture thereof): Pit bull, Doberman, Rottweiler, German shepherd, etc. A picture of your dog(s) is required at application.
- Please remember, not all properties will allow a pet and you should look carefully before choosing your home if you have a pet.
Renter’s Insurance: Upon move in, and through the duration of tenancy, all tenants must provide proof of renter’s insurance, which includes a minimum of $100,000 legal liability for damage to the landlord’s property, with Owner/Agent named as additional insured. Tenant may purchase required insurance from an insurance agent of their choice.
The tenant screening may consist of, but not limited to the following: credit, criminal, eviction, public records, current and former landlord references, verification of income, other sources and screening reports obtained through an authorized reporting agency: You may request a free credit report within 60 days of adverse action/denial. You have the right to dispute any or all information. Your application will be processed as quickly as possible. We expect it to take approximately 15 minutes to be Deposit Approved, and approximately 24-48 hours to be Fully Approved; however, that is dependent on the receipt of the necessary information from those involved in the process, including you.